Sunday, November 7, 2010

Zenyatta

The special loveliness of a horse named Zenyatta quite deservedly captured the love and adoration of her human fans.  I've been around horses most of my life but never have I seen a horse dance ... especially a race horse on the way to the gate for a race.  What an amazing experience. 

Yes, she should have won the race.  I can hold that thought just because I want to. What happened during the start may be known or it might not be known.  It seems she just didn't get her mojo up and running ... but when she did ... well, she took my breath away. 

Pure and simple, it was a moving experience to share in the love and appreciation for magnificent Zenyatta.

Why write about a horse?  First, because I want to.  She captured my heart and I'm happy to have let her do that.  Second, because giving ourselves moments to be swept up in joy and delight is nourishment for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment